I don’t believe in dieting but I am here to try out healthy and yummy edibles. The year hasn’t been too adventurous since I turned my back on beef and pork but I wouldn’t want to limit myself to just greens, tofu, mushrooms, fish and fruits. Today, I tried out a new recipe that doesn’t require a skillet lest any form of heat and oil.
Sounds good? the word burger next to the Veggie Nut got me to try. Give yourself 5-10 mins tops to prepare.
What you need:
- Food Processor
- Chopping board
- 2 cups almonds or walnuts or pecans (presoaked nuts gives a more fluffy end result)
- 2-3 large carrots
- 1/2 large onion or more to taste
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Garbanzo beans / Green peas (soaked in water) – optional
- 1 tsp Crystal Salt
- pinch of ground pepper
* You may add raisins, ripe mango
- Prepare all ingredients
- Put all ingredients in the food processor except lemon juice
- Add lemon juice soon as you have all solid ingredients together
- Have the food processor chop all the ingredients perhaps 30 sec – 1 minute
- add water if needed.
- scoop off the processed ingredients to the molder forming as burger patties
You may also just mold the burgers yourself. You can also grill the burger if you want but this is meant to be eaten – Raw.
Serving size: 4 pieces
It does taste pretty good! Remember those liver pate we add to our canapes? it actually looks like one and the taste is sublime – not bad for veggie burgers. You may add sweet raisins or ripe mangoes for more flavor.
12 Days of Christmas Fitness Giveaway
Due to the festivities, we are sorry for the delay but here it is.. we’re resuming. Well be giving away FLOW YOGA MANILA 1 month yoga gift certificate! We’re all about starting over and challenging yourself to gain more. Here are the Questions:
- What motivates you? How do you bring yourself back to your game?
- Have you tried any new healthy raw recipes? What made you?
To most of the winners, we’ll be dropping off your prize at Curves 2/F Serendra, Bonifacio Global City this week. The rest, we’ll get in-touch with you regarding pick up points. You can tweet us through @FTWMagazine, too!