“Pain is temporary, but quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
Rain pouring outside my window, a cup of hot cocoa,enveloped by comforters; an engaging book and get to write thoughts.
The Zigtech run passed and I haven’t posted the event race recap. Frankly I thought I’d rock it but apparently it wasn’t much of a happy run for me. Weeks of Circuit training at Curves, Zumba sessions and lost few body fat percentage; the ladies at Curves noticed the dedication I gave in each station in preparation for Reebok’s run but what went wrong?
2 hours and 10 minutes after. I wasn’t on my happy state.
I was 10 minutes shy my PR during the 16km run during Run 4 Life, I could’ve finished that 15k for an hour-thirty but instead, together with my teammate who was suffering from fever joined me walk and ran the distance, laughed and talked about our training plans and studied through my cadences and leg work. Looks like circuit training alone and interval training wasn’t working very well for me hence it’s time to bring back the mileage muscle training and then incorporate circuit training rather than doing more strengthening than mileage endurance.
I’m considering hoping back to the hamster training. Yes, the dreadmill while watching The Biggest Loser, Oprah’s reruns and get to use Virtual Active’s 3D trails.
Two marathons after, here I am again training for my dream marathon — ING New York Marathon. I’ve been having second thoughts if I should still run it but remembering the tears of joy I cried, the joyous elated feeling I had as soon as I found out I was one of the lucky few who got in the lottery (plus daydreaming of that fat chance meeting Ryan Reynolds), Quitting is NEVER going to be an option.
Zigtech Run Race Review
Organizers: Pepsquad Events
- Less than 2,000 runners registrants which means an intimate fun run
- low registration fee
- There were people who picked up the cups used after, there were people who was offering to get the cups from the runners after they ran away from the water station
- Vertical road run race, something new than the usual pavement runs.
- No frills loot bags, pure fun and basic essentials given by Reebok ( Cap or Water Bottles , PAU Muscle Reliever )
- Food Caterer : The Plaza / Go Gourmet fit for the after race nutritional needs
- Cold water every 1.5 – 2.0 km in long tables
- Basic infrared Timing Chip
- Safe Baggage area and resting tents
- Started exactly the announced adjusted time
- More water for the last stretch
- There should’ve been no starting time adjustment or if ever should’ve been announced during the afternoon not night.
- Use recyclable cups instead of plastic cups