It’s important before totally committing yourself to a weight loss program that you know what you should be looking for in the first place. An acquainted friend from the US, Stephen Cabral has just shared to us Do’s and Don’t of those who are on the quest to weight loss. Read on.
A lot has changed in the last few years and we know now more than ever what truly works for transforming your body.
The other great thing is that at Stephn Cabral’s weight loss studio in Boston they actually get to put the research that they have studied (along with research that we are conducting ourselves) to the test to see what really works best.
In the end, this gives you a big advantage…
You get a head start on everyone else who is attempting the same old fad diets, out-dated & unsafe exercise programs, and any other quick fix solution…
so let’s get right to them:
1. To lose weight quickly you must eliminate inflammatory foods(namely processed sugars and starches) and add anti-inflammatory choices like green vegetables to your diet to help you reduce inflammation in your body.
2. Never go on calorie deprivation, starvation diets – they don’t work in the long run and lead to greater weight gain in the future from damaging your metabolism.
3. Focus on getting 30-35+ grams of fiber a day from whole food sources like almonds, flax seed, and vegetables.
4. Drink approximately half your weight (pounds) in ounces of clean water per day (for example, if you weigh 150 lbs you should aim for about 9-10 8oz glasses of H20).
5. Don’t even think about running to lose weight – it is not an effective long-term weight loss method (remember all the carbo-loading parties?) and may lead to injury from improper alignment – given that you’re not aware of your posture and your training which includes alot of factors.
6. Instead of running choose interval based workouts that consist of short sprints on an exercise bike, outdoors, up stairs, or in any other fashion you wish.
7. In addition to interval sprints complete 2-3 resistance-based workouts to create a long-term metabolic change in your body to burn body fat.
8. New evidence suggests Omega-3 fish oil may help with burning body fat while preserving lean muscle, but besides that supplement there are no other safe “pills” on the market that will help you lose weight (so save your money and your health).
9. Although caffeine can help you burn body fat when taken before a workout, it can also lead to higher cortisol levels which could in turn could halt your weight loss progress. So, if you are someone who has a lot of stress in your life you may want to eliminate the caffeine.
10. Whatever program you choose to help you lose weight, make sure you follow it to the letter. Don’t just pick and choose the parts you’re willing to do… if that worked, losing weight would be easy. Pick a proven system and follow it exactly as stated for 12 weeks to ensure you gave it a fair shot. Within that time you should lose 12 – 36+ lbs depending on the effectiveness of the program’s exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle components.
And now that you have read my top tips to help you get started on your weight loss progress, I hope you use them to begin a new program immediately or tweak the one you’re currently on to maximize your results.
Remember, these “Do’s and Don’ts”
Click here to download Stephen Cabral’s Proven Weight Loss System!
Stephen Cabral, CSCS, CPT, NS
Author of Fatlossity, Lose5in7 Weight Loss System
Health Consultant for MTV, NutritionData, Diet.com, Gather, EDGE