Conquering a half-marathon is as equally challenging as preparing for your first 5k’s although it gets a little bit more as you train for longer distances; completing the entire 13 miles would require more determination, perseverance and training especially those looking towards completing a full 26.2 mile challenge later in the year.
Running for a cause has been driving me towards things I have never thought I’d be able to conquer, the journey on how you discipline yourself towards training reflects on the output come race date. It’s one of those things which make you realize that cheating is not an option and never will be.
logging in at least 32 kilometers for the past few weeks, Aside from my running wear , I have also prepared few essentials which I will take along with me:
1. Hydration Belt
2. Gu gel
3. FU Run watch (lapse timer)
4. TRX Fitness Anywhere, Inc Sun Visor
5. Powder (will be used for my socks)
6. Adidas KOTR Race singlet, race bib and timer band
7. Phiten Athlete’s Necklace
9. Petroleum Jelly
10. Spyder Shades
11. Kinesio Tape
12. Ibuprofen (just incase)
What about you? What are your race essentials?
* Overflowing gratitude to Manny de los Reyes of Fitness/Speed Magazine and Adidas for the 21km race kit, TRX Fitness Anywhere, Inc Social Media Manager in San Francisco, USA Tracy for the Sun Visor (as seen on photo), my Aunt Agie Tan for the Kinetic Tape, Sports watch and Pocari Sports water powders which was flown from Japan a few months ago (as seen on photo), Joanna Magalong for the Gu Strawberry-banana gel and my dailymiler runner friend from Cebu, Katol for the Phiten Athlete necklace (not seen on photo).