We were given the chance to experience a short cruise ride around Manila Bay, I must say, This was my first Yacht experience within the metro and It felt great knowing I was around fellow runners and the reason was because of the upcoming not-your-ordinary race called “Corregidor International Half-Marathon” which is structured synonymous to Boston Marathon except that there’s no Qualifying time for entry; This race is for all nationalities.
Start Training. A run organized by runners for runners!
Registration Venue and Period
- all weekends (Saturday and Sunday only) of October and November, subject to slot availability
- RUNNR (Bonifacio High Street), Saturday and Sunday, 2pm to 9pm
- Second Wind (Maginhawa), Saturday, 1pm to 6pm
- Second Wind (Ortigas Home Depot), Sunday, 1pm to 6pm
- Online registration facility (for participants residing abroad and outside Metro Manila) will be up on Oct. 9
- P2,500 – October
- P3,000 – November
Race Pack Inclusions
- Roundtrip ferry to and from Corregidor Island
- Full lunch buffet on race day
- Race bib with RFID timing chip
- Race shirt
- Race backpack
- Finisher’s Medallion (or a 10k Achiever Medal)
- Runner’s Briefing on (Dec. 4 and 11)
- Carbo-loading Bonfire Party (Dec. 18, Saturday Night)
- Victory Party with two performing bands (Dec. 19, Sunday Night)
- Finishers will get a personalized printed Certificate with their name and official finish time.
Top 3 winners from each category will receive cash prizes and medals – 3rd place: P5,000.00 & bronze medal, 2nd place: P8,000.00 & silver medal, and 1st place: P15,000.00 & gold medal.
On top of the medal and cash prize, the male & female champions, to be hailed as “King and/or Queen of The Rock”, will be awarded with areplica of the CIHM trophy. Inscribed on the original trophyare the names of the first set of champions and names of succeeding winners in the ensuing of CIHM.
Race Shirt made of High quality Clima-Cool Drifit fabric
Race Backpack with personalized bib.
This is the only bag you can check-in and bring for security purposes
It’s truly going to be awesome! Now, I’d have to train myself even harder in order for me to partake this race since it’s weeks after my first destination Full-Marathon on December 5, 2010, Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore.
Half-Marathon as recovery run? We’ll see if I can actually qualify to be a Marathon Maniac.
For those who are wondering if the distance is strictly just the half-marathon, get excited on this There will be no finish time cut-off for the race. This is to allow the runners to enjoy the scenic view of Corregidor. However, runners should pass the 10K mark on or before 1:45. Meaning, you can join the race for 10k and just stroll around Corregidor towards the finish. Truly supporting Tourism!
Still not convinced? read on Journeyingjames post : 10 compelling Reasons to Run Corregidor International Half-Marathon
Many Thanks to Edward “Tito” Kho, Raymund Martelino and Vanessa Ordinario