Nuvali, Sta Rosa baptized me with a lot of firsts in terms of my running milestones; Greenfields Half-Marathon, The Bull Runner Dream Marathon and last sunday on 20 June 2010 during father’s day; together with my friends, we experienced Trail Running.
Being an on-call runner wasn’t hard to agree on.
Paired with Undercover chef. From the 5k sunset turned rainy fun run the day before, without a doubt I was on high being back to running. It was also the first time I used my trail rubber shoes which I have been keeping for almost 2 years and the first time I ran without an ipod.
Trail Running for Beginners Tips
For those who adores running on dirt, you better pay attention to what you’re after for.
- Drink tons of water 2 hours before the race and bring your own hydration belt (short distance) hydration backpack (long distance)
- Use your trail shoes and never your road-running shoes. Wear black socks than white, you get the picture why.
- Don’t wear shorts not unless you’re fine with few scratches from the bushes, prefer leggings.
- Know the trail route (and the background) if possible, ask previous trail runners their experience about the route
- KNOW WHO THE RACE ORGANIZER IS – you wouldn’t want to get into something you’re not sure about, we’re talking about passing by bushes, trees and a lot more on the way. Credibility is a huge plus!
- Never run ALONE especially if you’re a first timer.believe me, its fun to run with a partner (take pictures!)
- be aware of the scenery and what’s surrounding you, keep that ipod – You don’t need it.
Overall it was such a fun experience! I LOVE NUVALI! I LOVE THE OUTDOORS! Here’s to a fun strength training and motivation to do squats, lunges and well strengthen my quads to hamstrings. Fine.